Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another delicious Googlebook


I love Google Books for the fabulous old books they're making available, especially 18th century ones, which are so hard to find in hard copy.

My latest find in here. It's The General Shop Book: Or, The Tradesman's Universal Director,from 1753, and it's a mini encyclopedia of places, goods, and laws of the time.

Check it out!

If you're curious about what I was searching there -- Sheffield and Doncaster. Yes, my characters are in Yorkshire, and Diana, Countess of Arradale and Marchioness of Rothgar is involved, but the action is about to head south.

This book, as yet untitled, will follow on from A Lady's Secret, which will be out in April. You can find out more here.

If you want a reminder when it's on the shelves, sign up on my web page above.

Cheers,

Jo

No comments: