Sunday, December 20, 2009

Behind Closed Doors


I grabbed a copy of this book as soon as it came out. Amanda Vickery's Behind Closed Doors, about private life in the 18th century. The Times has a great review. Review here.

Amanda Vickery also read parts of the book on BBC 4 and there's a good page about her here.

I wish it was still running on the web so you could listen to it.

Of course the Georgian period is the time of my Malloren novels, and the book has given me one story idea already. Next out in the series is the final part of the "secrets" trilogy, The Secret Duke, in April. Alas, the cover isn't nearly as good as the other two in period feel, but I assure you the book is! You can sign up for an on-sale reminder by following the link.

You can also sign up for my occasional newsletter at the bottom of the page.

Hope the wind up to Christmas is going smoothly, and the season brings you joy.

Jo

No comments: